HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SLIME
Índice - Index
WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL SLIME?
Slime has been around since 1976, when Mattel invented it, and it is a viscous, elastic and moldable toy made of Guar gum or guaran gum. Since then, generations of children have enjoyed this slimy and beautifully coloured toy. The famous blandiblú or gorilla snot, not to be confused with the Gomina / Hair Gel that has the same commercial name of this ape!
But today we are going to show you one of our favorite crafts, making homemade slime by mixing very cheap components that we have at home. We will make our slime in our favorite color, easy and in 5 minutes. Watch out for our DIY Slime (Do It Yourself). We are going to use alternative ingredients and it will be the same as if we used borax.
TIPS BEFORE YOU START MAKING GORILLA SNOT / SLIME
Before we start our crafts, basic tips when making our slime without borax, so that you get it right from the start.
- You can replace the white or transparent glue with glitter glue or glue that changes colour with heat. These are very interesting variants of the traditional white synthetic glue.
- The dimensions depend on the components. Not all school glues are the same, for example. Sometimes you will have to put a little more white glue or other glue if it doesn’t get the right texture and a little more contact lens liquid if it’s too sticky (without overdoing it).
- We will use food coloring, but only a couple of drops or three. You can always add a few more drops of food colouring, but if you overdo it you will stain everything with the excess.
- Avoid sodium borate or borax. If you find recipes for slime with borax, substitute another product, such as contact lens fluid, laundry detergent or starch, for “teaspoon of borax”. This is what will make the dough you have created come off the bowl.
SHAVING FOAM SLIME SLIME RECIPE
Ingredients for making gorilla snot with shaving foam
- Shaving foam.
- School glue or glue.
- Drops of food coloring.
- Contact lens solution or laundry detergent (gives it a strong odor).
- A soup spoon.
- Stirring paddle
- Pour the school glue into a container.
- Add drops of food colouring until the desired colour is obtained. The more drops of dye, the more intense the colour.
- Add the shaving foam, about the same amount as the glue.
- Mix the two ingredients until you get a uniform, viscous and elastic dough.
- Add a spoonful of contact lens liquid, starch or a few spoonfuls of liquid detergent. Stir until blended. This is for you to take off.
- Stir and we get our slime in an easy way. You can knead with your hands in the final step.
- Repeat this step two or three times changing the color of the food coloring drops. When they are cold, mix them together…
The result of our recipe once the three or four coloured slimes have been mixed…
EDIBLE SLIME RECIPE
We are going to make our blandiblú without chemicals, totally edible. We are going to make 2 easy recipes.
1. Ingredients to create Nutella or Nocilla slime
- Jar of Nutella or Nocilla
- Clouds, marshmallows or marshmallows.
- We put a bag of marshmallows or marshmallows in a bowl and heat it in the microwave until you can create a dough with them.
- Add Nutella, Nocilla or other chocolate to taste and mix.
2. Ingredients for making cornstarch slime and chocolate slime
- Can of condensed milk
- Nocilla, Nutella or Hacendado chocolate spread.
- Corn flour, what we know as cornstarch.
- Glass Sugar
- Water Cup
- Pour the whole can of condensed milk into a saucepan.
- Add two tablespoons of corn flour. Mix in the cornstarch.
- In the bowl add two tablespoons of chocolate.
- Heat and stir until blended.
- Add a few tablespoons of hot water and stir.
- That’s it. If it becomes too hard when it cools down, add icing sugar and knead with your hands. Stir until blended. In this recipe it may not be as elastic and viscous and you won’t be able to shape it as much.
The result of the recipe…
If you like cooking for kids, check out our post on 5 easy kid-friendly recipes with no heat and no oven.
HOW TO MAKE BLANDIBLÚ RECIPE VIDEO
In the Do It Yourself (DIY) tutorials on Youtube they explain how to use glue or white glue, shaving foam and other components.
Also, when searching for a video on youtube you can type in “How to make gorilla snot”, which is synonymous with how to make homemade slime in other parts of the world. It is one of the experiments that works best to entertain children and causes a furor.
We leave you this video so you can follow step by step the slime recipes without borax. Remember that for your health you should avoid this compound and others containing sodium borate: always slime without borax.
With this tutorial you will have saved between 10 and 20 euros per slime, but you will have found three ways to entertain your children. If you do this tutorial we would appreciate if you share with us on social networks the photos with the hashtag #campingarmanello. And if you have any friends who need it to entertain their kids, well, you know, “Pass it on!”